The School Recycling and Waste Reduction Program assists schools with developing and maintaining recycling programs and waste reduction strategies. This free service provides:
- Assistance in setting up your school recycling program
- Classroom presentations and school-wide assemblies
- Compost bins, worm bins and accessories for Life Lab garden programs
- Dori poles and pennants - the no-waste decoration
- Earth Day Santa Cruz
- Recycling and trash bins, plus informative and colorful stickers and signs
- Santa Cruz Recycles! poster contest
- Teacher resource library including DVDs, videos, books and paper-making kits
- Tours of the City of Santa Cruz Resource Recovery Facility and Landfill
- Trash Talk! - a kids newsletter dedicated to local waste reduction and recycling issues. Trash Talk! is distributed to all 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students in the City of Santa Cruz.
Watch “Santa Cruz Recycles” Video
Watch what happens to your recyclables - from house, to cart, to truck, to sorting, to baling and then resale to make new products.
To schedule a tour or presentation, to borrow teacher resources, or to learn more about the City of Santa Cruz School Recycling and Waste Reduction Program contact:
Waste Reduction Assistant