Proposals Due: September 5, 2013 by 5 p.m.
Deliver Proposals To:
Wastewater Treatment Facility
110 California St
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Summary Scope of Work:
Proposal to develop and deliver training within a customized syllabus to train and certify different professional cadres professionals at the City of Santa Cruz in Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (Hazwoper). Successful bidder will be required to deliver the training and certification consistent with the specifications and requirements of OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER, 29 CFR 1910.120 and 1926.65).
These stipulate that HAZWOPER includes site-specific elements and should also be tailored to workers' assigned duties.
Specific requirements include:
1. The presentation of technical material to an audience of up to 20 professionals including persons with limited formal credentials in technical or scientific disciplines, such as in areas of chemistry or physiology.
2. Structured time and opportunity to ask questions where material is unfamiliar to them.
3. The use of hands-on training and exercises to provide trainees with an opportunity to become familiar with equipment and safe practices in a non-hazardous setting.
4. Including work settings from wastewater, landfill and potable water environments; And
4. Validation certificate after the completion of the training.
It is each bidder’s responsibility to understand and comply with any addenda to this solicitation. Addenda may be posted on the City’s website at www.cityofsantacruz.com. You may contact Akin Babatola at email to determine whether addenda have been issued. E-mail notifications of addenda sent to known potential bidders are a convenience only.
For More Information:
Download the RFP document and contact Akin Babatola, Laboratory / Environmental Compliance at 831-420-6045 or email.